lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject Re: Highlight Search Result
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 01:33:13 GMT
On Friday 04 April 2003 17:43, Lixin Meng wrote:
> I appreciate for all the responses from this list.
>
> Tatu mentioned that there are at least two patches (one from you, one from
> Tatu).
> - Are they independent from each other, or I need to apply both?
> - If no, which one is better? :)

I'd say, that's largely matter of taste. Both will give you the terms.

> - I am curious why they are in the form of patchs (submitted around March
> 13) rather than incorporated in to 1.3RC1 (March 20 released). Will they
> (which one) be incorporated into the code base? Again which one?

1.3RC1 contains code frozen features, for stable features, submitted earlier
and integrated by lucene developers with access to CVS. Patches were
submitted to be discussed, and haven't really been evaluated... so, they will
be part of 1.4, if they get integrated I think.

It may be that some combination of 2 patches will be incorporated. I have been
busy lately and haven't had enough time (alas) to look at the other patch in
detail. :-/

> - Also, why iq-computing.de's solution won't work with 1.3?

It required changes to some Lucene classes, but I think those changes weren't
submitted as patches. Changes are not major, so you should be able to add
them if you wish.

-+ Tatu +-