lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject snowball analyzers in lucene jar?
Date Wed, 19 Mar 2003 20:26:21 GMT
[ moved from lucene-user to lucene-dev ]

Alex Murzaku wrote:
> You can find Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian,
> Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish Snowball
> stemmers/analyzers at:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/lucene-sandbox/snowball/
>
> Doug or Otis, why don't you move these out of the sandbox and make them
> integral part of Lucene?

I don't have a problem with this, but several other developers insisted
that the core Lucene should be minimal, and that analyzers be in
separate downloads.  They would prefer to move most of the existing
analyzers out of the base jar, not to add more into it.

Shall we take a vote?  Should the snowball analyzers be included in the
base lucene jar file, or should they continue to be packaged separately?

Doug