lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Rajive Dave <hardtopm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Corrupted Indexes
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2003 06:51:17 GMT
Hi All,

I have been using for a while lately we have
frequently faced a lot of problems with corrupted

In our typical setup documents keep trickling almost
24hrs a day and keep getting indexed by lucene as they
come. A timer thread optimize the indexes every so
often.To keep the size smaller and control the number
of files on the system. We do stop adding documents to
the index while the optimizer is running.

Once in a while almost out of nowhere we run out of
memory while reading the indexes. After investigation
I typically find that size of terminfos as defined by
the first entry in "tis" file comes out be a huge
number typically in millions, which causes out of
memory problems. When I count the terminfos they are
not even nearly as high.

I am looking for a clue or direction as to what might
be causing the problem. Looking at the lucene code its
not obvious as to how that spurious entry got in
there.

Any clues, suggestions will help and will certainly be
appreciated.