lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Tatu Saloranta <t...@hypermall.net>
Subject About PrefixQuery
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:16:08 GMT
I started looking to implement a term collector (object that can get all the
terms for given query), and have couple of questions for someone more
familiar with code base:

(1) PrefixQuery does not extend MultiTermQuery (unlike FuzzyQuery and
  WildcardQuery). Is there some specific reason for this, or was it just
 implemented before other two (perhaps MultiTermQuery was added after
 PrefixQuery?).
(2) RangeQuery does not extend MultiTermQuery either, should it?
(3) Like Doug pointed out, there are two distinct use cases; caller may want
  to get either 'raw' terms (unprocessed terms, like "foo?ar") or terms
  actually contained in any documents indexed ("foo?ar" might expand to
  "foobar",  "foogar" etc). However, there's also third interesting use case;
  getting terms in a specific document. Is it likely implementing this might
  be (relatively) easy? I'm not familiar enough with IndexReader to know for
  sure.

-+ Tatu +-