lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Amit Kapur" <amitka...@newgen.co.in>
Subject Lucene stress Testing (Searchable Index of 40 MB)
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:21:11 GMT

hi all,

I am using Lucene to Index/Search Documents in a very large Index in our Document Management
System. (About 50,000 Documents).
I am using the following code,
try
  {
       Directory oDirectory = FSDirectory.getDirectory(strDir, false);
       IndexReader oReader = IndexReader.open(oDirectory);

// strDir=FTS and false for create is given because i want to update an existing index and
not erase the contents.
// The current size of the index in the FTS Directory is about 40 MB.
  }
  catch (IOException ioe)
  {
      //  ioe.getMessage() --> Gives the Following Message :- "F:\Program Files\OmniDocs
Server\FTS\segments (The system cannot find the file specified)"
  }
Initially when the size of the Index in the FTS Directory was about 30 MB the adding of documents
into the index was working fine, but ever since the index size has increased the IndexReader
is not opening. I have also seen the code of the FSDirectory.java file but havent been able
to figure out anything.

Kindly help asap.

Regards
Amit Kapur