lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Christoph Kiehl" ...@sulu3000.de>
Subject Wildcard search and analyzers
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:13:46 GMT
Hi,

I was just faced with the problem of wildcard queries not being analyzed.
While it might be a good idea to have no real stemming for wildcard terms, I
think one should do some basic filtering like convert to lowercase and for
german replacing , ,  with vowels.
For the english stemmer it might be a fix to simply lowercase these terms,
but with the german one it gets more complicated. I mean I could replace
these vowels manually, but that's a bad idea. IMHO we should separate
between real stemming and filtering, where filtering would also apply to
wildcard terms.
What do you think about that? Any better ideas?

Regards
Christoph