lucene-dev mailing list archives

From David Worms <da...@simpledesign.com>
Subject [LARM] Merlin and other additions
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 20:00:51 GMT

--> http://67.116.155.180/~wdavidw/larm.zip

OK, here is the status.

o distribution include source codes, binaries and maven scripts.

o Larm is now using Merlin as a container. The reasons behind this move
is greater architectural flexibility and cutting edge:)

o All services/components are well isolated, the interfaces are
separated from their implementations by packages.

o The old Monitor service is split into 3 services. The Monitor service
itself, performing monitory task (only a small one right now). The
Descriptor service (basically our old Monitor stuff). Finally there is
a Printer service which I really want to see removed and replace by a
client application connecting to the larm through AltRMI. I have tried
to use AltRMI but lost patience. Using the version 0.7 with phoenix, I
know it work great and is easily embedded inside a component
architecture (facade pattern).

o Cornerstone components are loaded into Merlin. Not successful with
AltRMI but it could be really useful if we want to use the threadpool,
scheduling, ..., services.

o License and basic javadocs are included.

TODO:

o Create  a Parser service. It will be mapped around the current
"Tokenizer" class. Not completely sure but I think only a "parse(
LinkHanlder lh, Reader r )" function have to be exposed.

o AltRMI

o Use the Cornerstone Thread service. Will lead to many changes.

o Use the Excalibur event service.

David