lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Optimizing SegmentTermEnum (and friends)
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 04:27:49 GMT
Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:
> JUnit now works (it was not enough to have it in the lib dir, it
> actually had to be on the classpath).

Another way to deal with this is to copy the JUnit jar file into the lib
directory in your ant installation.  I dislike setting the global classpath.

> I will think of the .prev optimization - about how to incorporate it.

A case where it might come into play is when a wildcard query is used
against a  MultiSearcher.  I don't think the code is smart enough to
lookup in each index of the MultiSearcher only those terms that are in
that searcher.  I don't yet recall the original motivation for
implementing it, but I'll keep trying.

Doug