lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.org>
Subject Re: PLAN: WebLucene -- Lucene Web interface, use XML as a lightweight protocol.
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:13:59 GMT
That's very interesting.

I have tried something similar by integrating
Lucene into Wyona, which is a CMS based on Cocoon,
and I also separated Structure from Layout. You can try it out at

HTML:

http://195.226.6.70:8080/wyona-cms/oscom/search-oscom/lucene?publication-id=all&queryString=Cocoon+Wyona&fields=all&find=Search

XML:

http://195.226.6.70:8080/wyona-cms/oscom/search-oscom/lucene.xml?publication-id=all&queryString=Cocoon+Wyona&fields=all&find=Search

I think XooMLe also did a pretty good job:

http://www.dentedreality.com.au/xoomle/search/

Maybe we find a way how to join efforts

Thanks

Michael

Che Dong wrote:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/weblucene/
>
> WebLucene: Lucene Web interface, use XML as a lightweight protocol.
>
> Developer convert data source (text, DB, MS Word, PDF... etc) into standard xml format
indexing with lucene engine, and get full text search result via HTTP, with XML format output,
user can easily intergrated with JSP ASP PHP front end or use XSLT at server side transform
output.

> Developer can intergrate lucene full text search engine with old MSSQL + ASP MySQL +
PHP Oracle + JSP based web applications.

>     MySQL  \                                                  / JSP
>     Oracle - DB      -  ==>   XML ==> (Lucene Index) ==> XML  -  ASP
>     MSSQL  /                                                  -  PHP
>              MS Word /                                        \         / XHTML
>                  PDF /                                         =XSLT=> -  text
>                                                                         \ XML

> i18n issue: for Java is Unicode based, user can indexing data source(XML) in different
charset into one lucene index(in unicode) and output result according to client browser support
languages.