lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: manipulating content of stored fields
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:21:57 GMT
Lucene does not permit one to modify documents that are already indexed.
  You must delete them and re-index them, even if changes are only to
non-indexed fields.  Lucene should not be used as a document database.
It is a full-text indexing library, which, as a convenience, permits one
to store unindexed fields with documents.

Doug