lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Zapletal <l...@root.cz>
Subject Re: Problem with wildchars (bug?)
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:35:01 GMT
Sorry for all I found the solution in the FAQ:

*Are prefix queries case sensitive?*
<http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=538312>
** <http://www.jguru.com/faq/subtopic.jsp?topicID=473821>Yes, unlike
other types of Lucene queries, prefix queries are case sensitive. That
is because prefix queries are not passed through the Analyzer...

Well that was a rhetorical question... :-)

ps - the FAQ should be in the releases, I hate this 'over the night'
dial-uping at home and searching on the internet... :-(

--
Lukas Zapletal      [lzap@root.cz]
http://www.tanecni-olomouc.cz/lzap