lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: literal operator?
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2003 07:35:51 GMT
Hello Matthew,

Nobody responded to this one.
Any strong opinions about including this from developers?
I thought this would be a useful thing, at first, but it may confuse
people (users, not developers) more if they search for 'some phrase
with stop words'.  Actually, the diff uses TermQuery, not QueryParser's
getFieldQuery method, so it wouldn't really work for phrases.
Matthew, how come you didn't use getFieldQuery, like it is done for
PhraseQuery, for instance?  That would allow you to support searching
for literal keywords/terms and phrases, I believe.

Does anyone think that including this would be a good idea?

Thanks,
Otis