lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Isakson" <Eric.Isak...@sas.com>
Subject Question about .f1, .f2, etc. files in index directory
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:17:53 GMT
Was reading http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/fileformats.html and noticed that files .f1,
f2, ... are not mentioned, but a file called .nrm is.

Are the .f1, .f2, ... files that are created in my index directory by DocumentWriter.writeNorms(Document
doc, String segment) the .nrm file that is documented in the section called Normalization
Factors? That is what it looked like, just wanted a confirmation from the experts before I
commit that to my documentation for my internal Lucene implementation.

Thanks,
Eric

--
Eric D. Isakson        SAS Institute Inc.
Application Developer  SAS Campus Drive