lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Tucker" <>
Subject RE: FSDirectory patch for file renaming
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:12:30 GMT

> The only suggestion I have is to encapsulate this workaround
> in one place, perhaps to a utility class file (util/, and
> only called from the other place(s) (right now that would be just one
> This way workaround code wouldn't add code clutter to actual
> functionality, and could
> be properly commented in utility class itself.

Personally, this seems like overkill to me. There is only a single use of
File.renameTo in the entire Lucene codebase, so why not keep the workaround
code local to that usage? Additionally, we're only talking about a few lines
of code. Is it really better to add a whole new class?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message