lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Hermsdorf <kristian.hermsd...@ifbus.de>
Subject Re: bug in escaping special characters
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:45:09 GMT
Hi Otis

unfortunately the junit-test weren't successful but I think they might be
incorrect or I misunderstand escaping.

Though it seems to me, that the analyzer does affect the result of the
junit-test I don't understand why it does. I thought the tokens produced by
the analyzer should not contain the escaping-char anymore, does they?

Should not result the query-string for \[something in a query for
[something ?

Maybee you could enlighten me, how the junit-test is meant and how escaping
should work.
thanks

Kristian

public void testEscaped() throws Exception {
    Analyzer a = new WhitespaceAnalyzer();
    assertQueryEquals("\\[brackets", a, "\\[brackets");         ...fails
    assertQueryEquals("\\[brackets", null, "brackets");         ...works
    assertQueryEquals("\\\\", a, "\\\\");
    assertQueryEquals("\\+blah", a, "\\+blah");
    assertQueryEquals("\\(blah", a, "\\(blah");
  }

Query /\[brackets/ yielded /[brackets/, expecting /\[brackets/
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Query /\[brackets/ yielded
/[brackets/, expecting /\[brackets/
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TestQueryParser.assertQueryEquals(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TestQueryParser.testEscaped(Unknown
Source)
	at
	at