lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Hermsdorf <kristian.hermsd...@ifbus.de>
Subject Re: bug in escaping special characters
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:21:45 GMT
Hi

that would only work if you have a token "hello" and another token "world".

If you have a single Token "hello world" you would not find that token.

Imagine untokenized fields with values like "c:/my
documents/my:special:file". You need to escape the '/' and ':' and ' '  ...
otherwise you would search for "c:/my" OR "documents/my:special:file".

Kristian

--
ACRONYM: Acronym Causing Recursion, Obviously Numbing Your Mind

Kristian Hermsdorf

interface:projects gmbh
Tollkewitzer Straße  49
01277 Dresden