lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Kristian Hermsdorf <kristian.hermsd...@ifbus.de>
Subject bug in escaping special characters
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 14:28:27 GMT
Hi everyone ...

I think I found a bug in lucene query mechanism. QueryParser does mask
spechial charakters but doesn't unmask them. So a search for field:a\:b did
really search for a\:b in field (and not for a:b).

I added a few lines in QueryParser.jj to fix this issue.

I also added ' ' to _ESCAPED_CHAR to enable searches like field:hello\
world.

I attach QueryParser.jj and bugfix.diff and hope these changes does not
collide with other thinks...

bye

Kristian
--
ACRONYM: Acronym Causing Recursion, Obviously Numbing Your Mind

Kristian Hermsdorf

interface:projects gmbh
Tollkewitzer Straße  49
01277 Dresden