lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Lukas Zapletal <l...@root.cz>
Subject Re: Directory readonly implementation in a ZIP file via HTTP [FILE]
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:46:01 GMT
> I think this looks fine, but wouldn't it be more useful to have a more
> generic ZipDirectory implementation instead, without requiring that the
> Zip file be specified with a URL and fetched via HTTP.  I believe more
> people would find that useful.
I `m working on applet you know...

> One could then use such ZipDirectory with code similar to the code from
> URLDirectory constructor to fetch the Zip file via HTTP before passing
> the InputStream to the ZipDirectory constructor, for instance.
> Those who need to search a Zip file that is on the local file system
> will use something like FileInputStream to read it and pass that to
> ZipDirectory constructor.
Why not. But note this is simple implementation that loads all to the
memory.

> What do you think?
I recommend to create new implementation from scratch. Its easy....
This is, well, *hacked* version. That loading in constructor and other
things
are not so good for large indexes. It`s just for applets.