lucene-dev mailing list archives

From mchaput <mcha...@aw.sgi.com>
Subject Re: Index dir lock issue
Date Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:37:49 GMT
Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Look at the CHANGES.txt file, some changes dealing with lock files were
> made a while ago.  Have you tried using that?

I checked it out, but it's seems to be a global system property-- as I
understand it, it would be only be useful if all indexes on any given
machine are only and forever going to be read-only. I'd prefer a more
flexible approach that expects write access but doesn't break searching
if it doesn't get it.

Right now suggestions from other people around here are running toward
modifying the code to write lock files to /tmp or C:\temp, however I'm
pretty sure that would be a bit of a serious change for me to do given
that I'm not familiar with the source.

Any thoughts on a nice, easy way to get around this?

Thanks for listening!

Matt

--

Matt Chaput           |   A l i a s | W a v e f r o n t
Information Designer  |   210 King St. E. Toronto, ON, Canada M5A 1J7
mchaput@aw.sgi.com    |   (416) 874-8268

"A goddamned ray of sunshine all the goddamned time" --Sparkle Hayter