lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject time for 1.3 release?
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:25:48 GMT
There have been quite a few useful additions and fixes made to Lucene
since the 1.2 release.  This might be a good time to start making a 1.3
release.  What do other folks think?

I'd rather not go through the hassle of branching development, so this
would mean that we should avoid non-bug-fix changes while we're in the
'Release Candidate' phase, but hopefully that won't last long.  If
someone feels strongly that we should branch, then they should also be a
Lucene developer willing to manage the branching, merging, etc. before
they speak up.

If folks agree that this is a good time, then the first step is to make
an RC1 release from the current sources.  Peter Carlson ran the last
release process.  Peter, would you like to run this one too?

The Lucene release process of record is described in:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org&msgNo=1233

Thoughts?  Volunteers?

Doug