lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: Should Token be immutable?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 19:08:25 GMT
stephane vaucher wrote:
> 1) Does anyone mind? Will it break anything?

It shouldn't break anything.

> 2) Are there units tests for this? (particularly PorterStemFilter). The
> changes are obviously not spectacular, but I prefer not to screw
> everyone up...

I don't know of any unit tests specifically for this.  Mostly this
change will affect compilation.  In general though, if you don't see
unit tests for things that you think you might break, then it never
hurts to write more unit tests.

> 3) I've checked-out the latest version of lucene, is there anything
> special I need to do if I get the go ahead to check my stuff in (like a
> dev list review)?

If you're not a regular committer then please send diffs to lucene-dev
before comitting and give folks a few days to consider the changes.

Doug