lucene-dev mailing list archives

From stephane vaucher <vauc...@LUB.UMontreal.CA>
Subject Re: Should Token be immutable?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 18:00:06 GMT
I don't mind spending 5 minutes (which I've just done) to implement the
changes required to make Token immutable with (what I believe are) the
appropriate changes to PorterStemFilter, LowerCaseFilter, StopFilter.
I've got a few questions though:

1) Does anyone mind? Will it break anything?
2) Are there units tests for this? (particularly PorterStemFilter). The
changes are obviously not spectacular, but I prefer not to screw
everyone up...
3) I've checked-out the latest version of lucene, is there anything
special I need to do if I get the go ahead to check my stuff in (like a
dev list review)?

Cheers,
Stephane