lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: bug in escaping special characters
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 05:07:37 GMT
Sorry, I'm not sure if I follow everything you said, but judging from
that JUnit output in your message it looks like your changes now just
get rid of _all_ \ characters, which is, I believe, wrong.
"\\" is a "\" escaped with a "\".  In this case the second "\" needs to
remain, and your modifications eliminate it, and JUnit tests start
failing.
Anyhow, what problem are you trying to fix?

Otis

--- Kristian Hermsdorf <kristian.hermsdorf@ifbus.de> wrote:
> Hi Otis
>
> unfortunately the junit-test weren't successful but I think they
> might be
> incorrect or I misunderstand escaping.
>
> Though it seems to me, that the analyzer does affect the result of
> the
> junit-test I don't understand why it does. I thought the tokens
> produced by
> the analyzer should not contain the escaping-char anymore, does they?
>
> Should not result the query-string for \[something in a query for
> [something ?
>
> Maybee you could enlighten me, how the junit-test is meant and how
> escaping
> should work.
> thanks
>
> Kristian
>

> public void testEscaped() throws Exception {
>     Analyzer a = new WhitespaceAnalyzer();
>     assertQueryEquals("\\[brackets", a, "\\[brackets");
> ...fails
>     assertQueryEquals("\\[brackets", null, "brackets");
> ...works
>     assertQueryEquals("\\\\", a, "\\\\");
>     assertQueryEquals("\\+blah", a, "\\+blah");
>     assertQueryEquals("\\(blah", a, "\\(blah");
>   }
>
> Query /\[brackets/ yielded /[brackets/, expecting /\[brackets/
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Query /\[brackets/ yielded
> /[brackets/, expecting /\[brackets/
> 	at

org.apache.lucene.queryParser.TestQueryParser.assertQueryEquals(Unknown