lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Directory readonly implementation in a ZIP file via HTTP [FILE]
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 16:29:31 GMT
Lukas,

I think this looks fine, but wouldn't it be more useful to have a more
generic ZipDirectory implementation instead, without requiring that the
Zip file be specified with a URL and fetched via HTTP.  I believe more
people would find that useful.

One could then use such ZipDirectory with code similar to the code from
URLDirectory constructor to fetch the Zip file via HTTP before passing
the InputStream to the ZipDirectory constructor, for instance.

Those who need to search a Zip file that is on the local file system
will use something like FileInputStream to read it and pass that to
ZipDirectory constructor.

What do you think?

Otis