lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Murzaku" <li...@lissus.com>
Subject RE: time for 1.3 release?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 17:58:14 GMT
It would be nice to include the new Snowball interface as well. It
surely could be better evaluated and used by the many people needing it.
Sandbox is kind of hidden... Since the stemmers are very nicely
isolated, I don't think they would interfere with testing the more
radical scoring changes. Since scoring adds so much to Lucene, I would
even think that this release is more closer to 2.0 :)

--
Alex Murzaku
 alex(at)lissus.com  http://www.lissus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@lucene.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 16, 2003 1:26 PM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: time for 1.3 release?

There have been quite a few useful additions and fixes made to Lucene
since the 1.2 release.  This might be a good time to start making a 1.3
release.  What do other folks think?

I'd rather not go through the hassle of branching development, so this
would mean that we should avoid non-bug-fix changes while we're in the
'Release Candidate' phase, but hopefully that won't last long.  If
someone feels strongly that we should branch, then they should also be a

Lucene developer willing to manage the branching, merging, etc. before
they speak up.

If folks agree that this is a good time, then the first step is to make
an RC1 release from the current sources.  Peter Carlson ran the last
release process.  Peter, would you like to run this one too?

The Lucene release process of record is described in:

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=lucene-dev@jakarta.a
pache.org&msgNo=1233

Thoughts?  Volunteers?

Doug