lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Murzaku" <li...@lissus.com>
Subject RE: time for 1.3 release?
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 23:44:51 GMT
Yes. That's what I was proposing. And it's true - the stop word lists in
Snowball are quite good. I  did offer wordlists for some languages that
weren't complete to Martin (Porter) - I don't know if they are included
or not. In any case, this was just to confirm their existence. In the
test cases I had built for my earlier Snowball-Lucene integration, I did
use these lists for the analyzers and also made sure to exclude them
from the tests (since the analyzer would remove them...)

Regards,

--
Alex Murzaku
 alex(at)lissus.com  http://www.lissus.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cutting [mailto:cutting@lucene.com]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 2:45 PM
To: Lucene Developers List
Subject: Re: time for 1.3 release?

I think you're proposing that the classes in

   http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/lucene-sandbox/snowball/api/

be added to the core Lucene jar and release.  Is that right?

I don't have a problem with this.  Do others?

The Javadoc should probably also include a pointer to:

   http://snowball.tartarus.org/

And I just noticed that Snowball has stop lists for most of the
languages too.  It would be good for the analyzer to use these too, at
least as an option.

I can probably make these changes in the next week or so.

Doug

Alex Murzaku wrote:
> It would be nice to include the new Snowball interface as well. It
> surely could be better evaluated and used by the many people needing
> it. Sandbox is kind of hidden... Since the stemmers are very nicely
> isolated, I don't think they would interfere with testing the more
> radical scoring changes. Since scoring adds so much to Lucene, I would

> even think that this release is more closer to 2.0 :)

For additional commands, e-mail: