lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Scott Stevens <...@latchkey.com>
Subject Re: Forrestize docs
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:42:07 GMT
on 2002/12/17 11:55 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

> Look who's talking, the one that told all jakarta developers to "quick,
> convert all to Maven". I just followed a mail posted here, I did not
> take initiatives myself.

That is because I still think that Maven is better than Forrest.

Forrest focused on replacing Anakia and Maven focused on doing what projects
actually need. Maybe I can't see the Forrest through the trees. =)

> I'm even more pissed off that someone made a project inside a project
> inside a project and keeps shoving it up people's nose.

Wake up Nicola. I am not even a developer on Maven.

    http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/team-list.html

> I'm copying this to the Forrest list so they know what you think of our
> project.

Thanks for taking half of the conversation out of context and then bringing
another group into this without even asking first. That is like having a
conversation on the street and then pulling the first person who walks by
and asking their opinion. How rude.

> The UI was changed because we didn't like it. You don't like it? Send in
> a patch with your skin. It's opensource, man.

Of course it is, man.

    http://style.tigris.org

The fact of the matter is that UI was professionally developed and you went
and screwed it up because you 'didn't like it'. The left edges are on the
headings for a purpose which is to enclose blocks of data. You went and
removed that and now the enclosure isn't there. Go look at Scarab and then
compare that with what you have.

-jon

--
StudioZ.tv /\ Bar/Nightclub/Entertainment
314 11th Street @ Folsom /\ San Francisco