lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: Forrestize docs
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:00:43 GMT

Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Nicola,
> I certainly like the Avalon-Tigris version the best, but I am not sure
> where the idea that we want to change the UI came from.   This adds no
> functionality, just changes the look, right?

Forrest is a much more advanced documentation generation system, and,
for example, does doc validation and dead link reporting.
We also have an automatic system that updates the site from CVS every
hour to a test site.

> What I _would_ like, on the other hand, is project information that
> tools like Maven provide.  File, developer, etc. activity, clover
> reports, etc.

This is done by the build system, Forrest is the doc system.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>