lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrestize docs
Date Wed, 18 Dec 2002 07:55:13 GMT

Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 2002/12/17 7:23 AM, "Otis Gospodnetic" <otis_gospodnetic@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>What I _would_ like, on the other hand, is project information that
>>tools like Maven provide.  File, developer, etc. activity, clover
>>reports, etc.
>>
>>Otis
>
> +1
>
> If the website is going to be built, it should be built with Maven, not
> Forrest. IMHO, all Nicola is doing is trying to push his stuff

Look who's talking, the one that told all jakarta developers to "quick,
convert all to Maven". I just followed a mail posted here, I did not
take initiatives myself.

> in even
> though it doesn't do things that are useful, like what Maven does.

I'm copying this to the Forrest list so they know what you think of our
project.

> I'm also
> pissed off that someone changed the UI. There is specific reasons why that
> UI was developed and what is in it.

I'm even more pissed off that someone made a project inside a project
inside a project and keeps shoving it up people's nose.

The UI was changed because we didn't like it. You don't like it? Send in
  a patch with your skin. It's opensource, man.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -