lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject SearchBean - compile error
Date Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:17:44 GMT
After upgrading to the latest CVS codebase of Lucene, I'm now trying to
take advantage of the nice SearchBean in the sandbox contributions area.

I'm getting this compile error:

compile:
     [javac] Compiling 6 source files to
/Users/erik/dev/jakarta/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/searchbean/bin/classes
     [javac]
/Users/erik/dev/jakarta/jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/searchbean/src/java/org/apache/lucene/beans/IteratorAdapter.java:28:

unreported exception java.io.IOException; must be caught or declared to
be thrown
     [javac]         return hitsIterator.next();
     [javac]                            ^
     [javac] 1 error

I certainly can add a try/catch there, but I wanted to report this in
case I'm either doing something dumb (just running 'ant', with the
lucene-1.3-dev1.jar in the searchbean/lib directory) or this code is out
of sync with some changes to the core and needs to be updated.

	Erik