lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-lucene-sandbox/contributions/snowball/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/snowball package.html SnowballAnalyzer.java SnowballFilter.java
Date Sat, 21 Dec 2002 03:49:01 GMT
Yeah, works now.  I wonder about SnowballAnalyzer and SnowballFilter
classes.
The ctor of the later uses introspection to instantiate the appropriate
Stemmer.
In most use cases that will be the same Stemmer from call to call.
Seems like redundant work and objects created.
Wouldn't it be better to have SnowballFilter 'cache' instances of
previously instantiated Stemmers?
I guess that would require that Snowball's Stemmers are thread
safe....are they?

Otis