lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert A. Decker" <dec...@robdecker.com>
Subject Re: Manifest.mf empty for lucene-1.2.jar
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 00:16:06 GMT
Hmm... looked into this further and here's what I see when i unzip the
jar:

unzip /tmp/release/Java/lucene-1.2.jar -d /tmp/release/Java
Archive:  /tmp/release/Java/lucene-1.2.jar
error [/tmp/release/Java/lucene-1.2.jar]:  missing 2 bytes in zipfile
  (attempting to process anyway)
error [/tmp/release/Java/lucene-1.2.jar]:  attempt to seek before
beginning of zipfile
  (please check that you have transferred or created the zipfile in the
  appropriate BINARY mode and that you have compiled UnZip properly)
  (attempting to re-compensate)
   creating: /tmp/release/Java/META-INF/
   creating: /tmp/release/Java/org/
...(bunch of successfull unzipping going on, then:)

inflating: /tmp/release/Java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/StandardTokenizerTokenManager.class
bad CRC 811881fb  (should be b2305fff)
file #33:  bad zipfile offset (local header sig):  22489
  (attempting to re-compensate)

followed by more successful unzips... It seems to unzip properly, and I'm
able to use the resulting class files. However, it looks like the jar
utility is not able to handle the error.

I'll try downloading a fresh copy of the jar.

thanks,
rob

http://www.robdecker.com/
http://www.planetside.com/