lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Konrad Scherer <bcdh...@uottawa.ca>
Subject New PhrasePrefixQuery
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:14:56 GMT
Hello all,

First my thanks to Doug and Anders for their patience and help.
Notes about this new version
1) No changes to Term. There are now inner classes to handle the Term
versus WildcardTerm stuff.
2) If analyzer does not drop wildcard characters (like StandardTokenizer)
then this class could be a drop in replacement for PhraseQuery.
3) This class does more than prefix terms, it handles both ? and * in any
location thanks to WildcardTermEnum. Perhaps it should be called
PhraseWildcardQuery?
4) In an attempt to get around using the prepare method I have combined
sumOfSquaredWeights and normalize into the scorer method. I have to cache
the searcher from sumOfSquaredWeights. The method works i.e. produces the
correct results, but I do not know it the math is okay.
Tell me what you think.

Konrad