lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Goetz <br...@quiotix.com>
Subject Re: Bug in lucene located and fixed
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 04:13:48 GMT
> You must have also had to modify USER_CHAR_STREAM and set it to false,
> no?
>
> Does anyone mind if I make these two changes to QueryParser.jj?  As far
> as I can read from reading about these 2 options they won't break
> anything.

I've done extensive work with JavaCC parsers and have seen all manner
of hell break loose when you try and switch character streams.  There
are some serious bugs in some of the generated character streams --
which is probably why Doug wrote his own.

Simply requesting that JavaCC generate a Unicode-aware char stream is
only a small part of the solution.