lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ype Kingma <ykin...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Rebuilding indexes for new version: future proof index format
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 22:31:49 GMT
Dear Lucene'd,

As the new PrefixQuery will probably make me a lucene CVS user,
I have a question about the changed index format.

I gathered that the newly introduced document boost factor changes the
scoring enough to make rebuilding the indexes necessary.

In the documentation of the index format it sais (at the bottom) that there
are a few places in the current format where the index is not future proof
because a 32 bit integer is used.
Would the new index format be an opportunity to change these 32 bit integers
to 64 bits?
When so, I'd be happy to try and provide patches.

Kind regards,
Ype Kingma