lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Carlson <carl...@bookandhammer.com>
Subject Re: Development plans for Lucene?
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 18:08:02 GMT
Hi Peter,
As you know, Apache projects are based on contributions from other
developers.

I think the best way to add features that you want are to make the
changes and submit them to the developers list. As you become more
active, I'm sure that someone will sponsor you for full development
status.

There are lots of changes going on right now with Lucene, but the core
API will probably not be changing much since it has been shown to be a
mature, proven project. Most of the contributions right now are in the
lucene-sandbox area. These are additions on top of the Lucene API to
either extend the functionality or make it easier to access.

Most of the questions from user are how to questions, not feature
requests. What functionality are specifically talking about?

--Peter