lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Mularien <pmular...@deploy.com>
Subject Development plans for Lucene?
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:10:24 GMT
Hi -

I was just wondering what is the current development plan status for
Lucene? I have been monitoring the developer's list for some time, and
have seen very little in the way of CVS commits. I know that may not be
an accurate barometer of development activity, but there it is.

Is there any plan for continuing active development of Lucene? How many
people are working on it? Why aren't there more, and if so, how can we
recruit them?

I am willing to help contribute, but without some other active
developers, I'm not sure how useful it will be.

The frustrating thing is that from the users list, we all know that
there is a significant amount of interest in the product, and some
feature requests, etc.

Thanks
Peter Mularien
Deploy Solutions