lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Mularien <pmular...@deploy.com>
Subject Stemmer implementations for Lucene
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:16:18 GMT
Hi -

I was curious what word stemmers are available for Lucene or (in
general) available to the public. I see that Lucene includes:

    * Porter Stemmer (English)
    * Caumanns Stemmer (German)
    * Snowball Russian Stemmer (Porter-based)

I was specifically interested in the stemmer written by Bob Krovetz in
his paper "Viewing Morphology as an Inference Process" (later
incorporated into the InQuery project as "KSTEM"). Are there any others
that people are aware of? Any that would be good candidates for
inclusion in the Lucene project?

[Paper link] ftp://ftp.nj.nec.com/pub/krovetz/morph-paper.ps

If algorithms were available, I would be more than happy to help make
them Java/Lucene-friendly...

Thanks
Peter