lucene-dev mailing list archives

From V S <vss_94...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Has anyone seen this exception
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 17:28:49 GMT

Thanks for the response.

YEs, Even we tried to  delete the problematic segment
and it seems to recreate it. Again searches work fine.
But you cannot index to this index.

So if we want to index to this, I guess the only
option is to rebuild this index.

Thanks
V S

--- Rajive Dave <hardtopmerc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have seen this exception, we get it when
> optimization happed to stop in the middle. and we
> try
> to run the optimization again. Searches run fine.
>
> I even tried deleting the problematic segment from
> the
> segemtns file but it somehow recreates it and start
> looking for it again..
>

> --- V S <vss_94550@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > We have integrated lucence into our company
> product.
> > The indexes are pretty active, in the sense we
> have
> > parallel indexing and searching going on our
> > We suddenly started seeing this exception. Any
> help
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > java.io.FileNotFoundException: /index/_5eyl.fnm
> (No
> > such file or directory)
> >         at java.io.RandomAccessFile.open(Native
> > Method)
> >         at

java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:93)
> >         at

java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:138)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream$Descriptor.<init>(FSDirectory.java:253)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.<init>(FSDirectory.java:261)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openFile(FSDirectory.java:210)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.<init>(FieldInfos.java:78)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:103)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:379)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:363)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.maybeMergeSegments(IndexWriter.java:352)
> >         at

org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:224)