lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: Indexing during Searching Question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:20:20 GMT

--- Jonathan Pace <> wrote:
> A quick question, does Lucene create a duplicate index for searching
> while
> it is writing or optimizing the main index?

> The reason I ask this is because the index directory really balloons
> out in size during hourly batch index runs.

That's probably because new files are created as documents are added to
the index.
You can optimize your index every once in a while in order to minimize
the number of index files.

So FedEx is using Lucene?  I'd love to hear how it's used....if you can
share that.

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>