lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Ype Kingma <>
Subject Re: Are score values always between 0 and 1?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:28:26 GMT
On Tuesday 15 October 2002 04:16, Dmitry Serebrennikov wrote:
> Greetings,
> I know that the FAQ says that they are, but in at least one instance in
> my index it appears to be equal to 1.94something. Are the scores
> guaranteed to be between 0 and 1, and if not, what would it take to make
> them such?

Division by the highest score perhaps?
I did this for a short while, but then I removed it again because information
is lost by the division. However, it is mainly a matter of presentation to
users, so you could let them be you guide in this.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message