lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Keith Chew SL" <keith...@ihug.co.nz>
Subject RE: RMI interface
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 14:41:04 GMT
Hi Otis

Thanks for the quick reply. Although the index may be small, they may change
quite frequently. I am trying to avoid any manual copying of files across
the cluster of servers.

So far, you seem to agree with my approach. That's a good sanity check. =)

Now, in order to achieve that, would IndexWriter and IndexReader be the only
classes that need to be exposed as RMI classes? I think that should be
enough to get an RMI client going. I also noticed that some of the input
parameters like Term and Document are already serializable. That's good.

I will look more closely into making IndexReader and IndexWriter into RMI
classes, but I hope someone can help me out in this process too.

Keith