lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@lucene.com>
Subject Re: RE : RE : TR : Possible Bug with MultiSearcher?
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:29:07 GMT
Rasik Pandey wrote:
> Understood. I made the second change,in MulitSeacher, and it works on
> this end. Do you think this change needs to be made in other places of
> the lucene code, such as the SegmentsReader.readerIndex(int n) method,
> as it uses what looks to be the same algorithm?

I was wondering the same thing.  The fix is still correct for
SegmentsReader, but I don't think the bug could ever be triggered.  The
only way you could ever have an empty segment before a non-empty one is
if you explicitly passed an empty index to IndexWriter.addIndexes(), but
this method never calls SegmentsReader.readerIndex().  Still, it's worth
making the patch just to be safe in case it ever does call it.

I just checked in the patch for both files.

Doug