lucene-dev mailing list archives

From mchaput <mcha...@aw.sgi.com>
Subject Newbie dev questions
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:07:57 GMT
Hi,

First of all, THANK YOU LUCENE DEVELOPERS! You've made my life
infinitely easier since I discovered this project and dumped my
half-baked in-house solution.

Now, for the newbie questions:

1. Is there an easy way (short of writing my own query parser) to get
the out-of-box query parser to AND terms together by default instead of OR?

2. One of the things I'll be doing is a searchable database of small
text blocks. Rather than store the text blocks as thousands of little
text files on disk that are indexed by lucene, I'd like to store them in
the search database in an indexed field on the document objects. Are
there any performance/programming "gotchas" with this approach I should
be aware of?

Thanks!

Matt

--

Matt Chaput           |   A l i a s | W a v e f r o n t
Information Designer  |   210 King St. E. Toronto, ON, Canada M5A 1J7
mchaput@aw.sgi.com    |   (416) 874-8268

"A goddamned ray of sunshine all the goddamned time" --Sparkle Hayter