lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject [Fwd: IndexSearcher on JAR resources?]
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 08:35:10 GMT
I posed this to lucene-user, with only Otis replying saying that its not
currently available that he knows of.  So now it turns to a lucene-dev
issue.... has anyone done this?  If not, what would be involved in
creating this?  I can see that a Directory implementation is needed, but
any other advice from the dev folks regarding this?  This is for a
read-only index situation, so there is no need to write new entries,
which hopefully should make this a bit easier and do-able.  Perhaps a
RAMDirectory subclass that reads everything into it from a .jar?

Many thanks,
	Erik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: IndexSearcher on JAR resources?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 19:26:36 -0400
From: Erik Hatcher <lists@ehatchersolutions.com>
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org

I searched the archives, but may have missed it.  I suspect someone has
done this before:

How can I read a Lucene index that is stored within a JAR file rather
than directly on the file system?  I want to integrate a read-only index
into a WAR and an EJB environment which has the easiest possible
installation and also adheres to the "no filesystem access" rules of EJB.

Thanks,
	Erik

For additional commands, e-mail: