lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene introduction in Chinese
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 03:26:28 GMT

--- Doug Cutting <cutting@lucene.com> wrote:
> Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> > I think we should add this to the contribution page or some other
> place
> > on the Lucene site (I'll take a look in a bit).
> > I would like to just add a link to it.
>
> I think we should add this directly to the Lucene site.  Lucene
> strives
> to be an internationalized package, and translated documentation is a
>
> big part of internationalization.  What do others think?

Sure.  I first wanted to put it as the link on the left side of the
main page, but the name was long, and it's the only link of that kind
that we have, so I put it in resources.  Feel free to change it.

> Perhaps we should even add Che Dong as a Lucene committer so that he
> can
> maintain this, as well as other Asian language support.  Thoughts?

He's submitted a number of things (classes, code snippets, docs, etc.)
over time, I don't see why not.  People who have time, energy and
knowledge are always welcome.
He's got +1 from me, if you want to start counting.

Otis