lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RMI interface
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:50:44 GMT
Yes, you could use RemoteSearchable for searching, but not for index
creation/removal.
Your approach should work, but if your index is so small, why bother
over the network to search it and make the search slower?
You may want to consider copying the index directory and all its files
to each of your JSP container PCs and have searches be local.

Otis