lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Rasik Pandey" <rasik.pan...@ajlsm.com>
Subject Possible Bug with MultiSearcher?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 17:13:39 GMT
Hello,
I am getting the following exception when searching using a
MultiSearcher and the first Searchable added is an empty IndexSearcher
with a segments file, the second is a normal IndexSearcher from a
populated Index . I am able to reproduce this without fail. The
exception is thrown when trying to retrieve a document from the Hits. Is
the exception really waranted, given there are hits in the second index,
I don't think the search should fail completely? When searching an
individual index, adding it to a Multisearcher, and performing the
search causes no problems. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Please see org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.java 192:46 for the
location where the Exception is generated.

Rasik Pandey

java.io.IOException: read past EOF
at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.refill(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readByte(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readInt(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream.readLong(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldsReader.doc(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.doc(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.search.MultiSearcher.doc(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.doc(Unknown Source)