lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mehran Mehr <meh...@sharif.edu>
Subject Re: RussianAnalyzer
Date Sun, 25 Aug 2002 06:30:56 GMT
ICU is an open source and mature (version 2.2) project.

This is the URL of the ICU License, take a look at it:
http://oss.software.ibm.com/cvs/icu/~checkout~/icu/license.html
It is much like Apache Software License (ASL).

After all it is more reliable and collaborative than JavaCC of WebGain ;)

I simply want to separate Text Analyzing process from Indexing.
We can embed a simple universial analyzer (BTN) to Lucene and build APIs
to other successfull opensource projects like Snowball and others.
This will enhance the quality of Lucene and its developers can concentrate
on indexing itself.

--Thanks
Mehran Mehr

ps:
I'll reply to Boris Okner too, if you're intrested please read that too.