lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Karl von Randow" <k...@cactuslab.com>
Subject Serialization of org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanClause
Date Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:07:35 GMT
Hi all,

The org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanClause is not currently Serializable, I
would like to propose that it is made serializable.

The problem arises when a BooleanQuery (Serializable) is included in a
query, as it contains BooleanClauses. As the Query class hierarchy is
Serializable I believe that BooleanClauses should also be Serializable.

I have made this modification and it is working as intended for me.

I'm not sure about the Filter hierarchy, should these be Serializable as
well? Maybe DateFilter should be Serializable - as it looks like it could
be - and then leave it up to the implementer of other Filters to make
Serializable or not.

Kind regards,
k@rl